Puppies purchased from Karamojo Ridgebacks are sold on "Limited Registration"
BREEDER DETERMINES "PICK OF LITTER"
WHICH IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!
"Full registration" is available at an additional cost to EXISTING AND ESTABLISHED BREEDERS ONLY!
Limited Registration- means that the dog is eligible for registration with the American Kennel Club; however, any offspring produced by the dog would not be eligible. Furthermore, dogs that are registered with a limited designation are ineligible to enter dog shows; (conformation) they are, however, eligible to enter all other AKC events including, but not limited to field trials, hunt tests, obedience trials, and agility trials.
KARAMOJO RIDGEBACKS PUPPY CONTRACT
CONTRACT AND GUARANTEES ARE VERY IMPORTANT. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOU, TO PROTECT US AND MOST OF ALL TO PROTECT THE PUPPIES WE PLACE.
EVERY PUPPY IS SOLD UNDER A CONTRACT, THE CONTRACT GOVERNS HOW THE PUPPY IS TO BE KEPT, RAISED AND SOCIALIZED. IT MAKES PROVISIONS FOR THE LIFETIME CARE OF THE PUPPY SHOULD YOU, THE NEW ADOPTER BE UNABLE TO KEEP THE PUPPY FOR WHATEVER REASON.
THE CONTRACT ACTS AS A RECEIPT AND BINDER TO PROTECT YOU THE BUYER, AND ENSURES THAT YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR NEW PUPPY AND THE TRANSACTION WITH US. IT ALSO PROVIDES BASIC GUIDELINES TO HELP YOU LEARN WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR PUPPY.
WE CARE ABOUT OUR PUPPIES FOR THEIR WHOLE LIFETIME AND WE WANT TO DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO KEEP THEM SAFE, HEALTHY AND HAPPY.
(This is a legally binding contract, seek advice if you do not understand any portion herein)
Agreement made this ____ day of ______________, _______, between Emily G. Stubbs of 307 Confederate Avenue, Broussard, LA 70518, hereinafter referred to as “Breeder”,
and _______________________________________________________ hereinafter referred to as “Buyer”.
Whereas, Breeder offers for sale a Rhodesian Ridgeback, further described as:
AKC Litter No. __________________Sex: M or F
Sire: KARAMOJO TAU OF EKUNDAYO
AKC No. HP41558311
Dam: CROWNWOOD MANDISA KUSA No. ZA015573B15 AKC No. HP50976501
Whereas, Breeder offers for sale the above described Rhodesian Ridgeback, hereinafter referred to as “Puppy” or "dog" for the sum of
A deposit to hold a puppy is $300 which is Non-Refundable , but is transferable to another litter and must be used within 1 year of placement of deposit, which is applied towards purchase price of Puppy
CONDITIONS OF SALE: The Buyer(s) understands that in the event that he/she is unable to keep this puppy no matter what age, for any reason, the puppy is to be returned to the Breeder without compensation, with the puppy’s current health record and AKC registration papers. NO EXCEPTIONS.
We reserve the right to take back the dog if the buyer(s) places the dog anywhere, with no compensation to the person who that puppy was placed even if it was purchased. We can and will find the dog a more suitable home. The Buyer(s) is responsible for any and all shipping costs. If I have to take legal action, you will be charged for any and all expenses I incur while trying to repossess the dog, including but not limited to gas, hotel, food, and attorney fees. I will provide the court with a detailed list of charges incurred.
It is hereby agreed by both the Breeder and the Buyer(s) that the following conditions will be met and that no other warranties or conditions are expressed or implied:
1. The Breeder will provide health record of puppy, puppy must be taken to a licensed veterinarian familiar with Rhodesian Ridgebacks must check this puppy, within 72 hours (3 days) after the puppy is picked up or delivered. A copy of the vet exam must be sent to the Breeder within 2 weeks of receiving the puppy or this contract is null and void. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. If puppy dies within 24 hours of purchase, Buyer(s) must have a necropsy performed by a licensed Veterinarian at Buyer(s) expense to determine cause of death. If cause of death is due to problems that existed before the time of purchase and after the Breeder’s Veterinarian has examined the puppy, a replacement puppy is given.
3. The Breeder guarantees this puppy to be in good health at the time of pick up or delivery. The Breeder will provide a vaccination record of the purchased puppy/dog. If the puppy/dog is due for vaccinations, and the BUYER(s) fails to provide vaccinations on that day, and the puppy contracts diseases that would otherwise be prevented by those vaccinations, then this guarantee is NULL and VOID.
4. Minor health problems that can be cured by medication or surgery are not covered by ANY guarantee.
5. If there is a defect found of Dermoid Sinus or Hip Dysplasia within 1 year from birth, BUYER will receive puppy replacement. *THIS GUARANTEE ONLY COVERS THE TWO (2) NAMED DEFECTS*
6. The Buyer will not register their puppy with any other registry other than AKC. Under NO circumstance is a puppy sold under limited Registration to be bred, doing so will VOID this contract and the puppy will be returned to the breeder along with any offspring produced. The puppy buyer will then be responsible for any and all court fees and fines acquired by breaching this contract.
7. Puppies sold with limited Registration, females must be spayed after 6 months, preferably around 8-9 months. males neutered after age 10 months by 16 months of age.
A copy of spay/neuter with written signature and phone number must be provided to the Breeder within 10 days of spay/neuter. If puppy is not spayed/neutered by 16 months of age, this contract is null and void and the Breeder has the right to take legal action for the return of the puppy.
8. The said puppy should also be named with our Kennel name (Karamojo) at the beginning or end of the name. This allows us to keep up with our bloodline as well as all of our puppies.
Violations of this Contract will constitute a BREACH OF CONTRACT, prosecutable by law, and may result in mandatory confiscation and return of the said puppy to the Breeder. Should there be an actual event were this contract should go to court, Buyer(s) agrees to pay and/or reimburse ANY and ALL expenses to include but not limited to filing fees, attorney fees, and traveling fees for Emily Stubbs.
Breeder prefers to settle outside of court in a civil manner, however, if for any reason there should be a dispute, all proceedings are to take place under the jurisdiction of the State of Louisiana, in the Parish of Lafayette. All other states and counties are requested to accept this contract as legally binding and enforceable.
This written agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Breeder and the Buyer. Both parties agree that there are no other terms other than those set forth in this document, and changes cannot , and will not be made unless done in writing and executed by both parties.
Upon signing this contract the Buyer acknowledges that they have read and agree to the terms and conditions in this contract.
I have carefully read this contract and agree to abide by the terms.
Printed Name of Buyer(s)___________________________________________________________
Buyer(s) Signature:____ ________________________________________________Date: ________
Printed Name of Breeder: Emily G. Stubbs
Signature of Breeder: ____________________________________Date___/___/______